Discovering the role of microbiomes across environments
Awards and funding opportunities
The Microbiome Center awards funding for Pilot Projects in order to promote cross-faculty research initiatives in all aspects of microbiome research. These encourage collaborative proposals from Argonne, the MBL or the UChicago, and aspire to initiate new areas of research or education and increase competitiveness for extramural funding. Travel Awards support microbial research related exchange for our students and postdocs. The Beacon Project, inaugurated in 2022 aims to bring a signature project to define the Microbiome Center.
Expertise across environments in microbiome research
- Sequencing at Argonne National Labs
- Imaging at the Marine Biological Laboratory
- Core facilities at the University of Chicago
- Research computing at the University of Chicago
Training the next generation of interdisciplinary scientists
- MBL courses offer college students a perspective on microbiome research
- U of C graduate students have a journal club discussing newly-published papers in microbiome science. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the list
- Our meta'omics worksop in February covered metagenomics with an'vio and metabolomics with Agilent.
- Check back here for forthcoming workshops!